In Memoriam

Ocean County Prosecutor's Office Fallen Officers

Detective Tina Emilia Rambo


End of Watch : Monday, August 01, 2011

A graduate of Toms River High School North, Detective Tina Rambo earned a bachelor’s degree from Rowan University and a Master of Arts degree from Seton Hall University. She began her law enforcement career in Point Pleasant Beach as a Special Officer, and then as an Agent with the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office in 2000. She was officially sworn in as a Detective on July 30, 2001. During her 10 years with the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, Detective Rambo was assigned to many different units, including the Special Victims Unit and Domestic Violence Unit. She was known for her compassion and ability to make victims feel safe during their most vulnerable moments in life.

On the morning of August 01, 2011, Detective Rambo was involved in a head-on collision in her county police vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. Detective Rambo left behind her husband and their two sons as well as many family members, friends, and colleagues in law enforcement. In 2014, the  building utilized by Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims was re-named Tina’s House in Detective Rambo’s honor and memory.

Detective John Scott Stevens #35-14

End of Watch : Wednesday, January 21, 2015

After graduating from Seton Hall University in 1992, Detective John Scott Stevens began his law enforcement career with the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice.

A graduate of the police academy in 1998, Detective Stevens started at the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office the following year. While with the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, he spent time in the Economic Crimes Unit and the Special Operations Group (now the Ocean County Narcotics Strike Force).

Outside of work, Detective Stevens was actively involved in the Lacey Little League, Lacey Pop Warner, and Lacey Youth Wrestling.

On the morning of January 08, 2015, Detective Stevens was working an undercover job with the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Special Operations Group. As he was driving his undercover police vehicle, he lost control and ran off the road striking a tree. Detective Stevens succumbed to his injuries on January 21, 2015 leaving behind his wife and son as well as many family, friends, and colleagues.