Narcotics Strike Force
The mission of the Prosecutor’s newly formed Narcotics Strike Force is to identify, investigate and apprehend those individuals and organized criminal groups engaged in the distribution of narcotics. Detectives from the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, Ocean County Sheriff’s Department and municipal police departments combine to form three proactive units: the Northern and Southern Enforcement teams, as well as the recently formed Asset Forfeitures Unit. The Northern and Southern teams are responsible for all narcotic enforcement activities in their respective areas of operation. The function of the Asset Forfeitures Unit is to identify and seize illegal proceeds obtained by those individuals or groups that are engaged in the distribution of narcotics. The Asset Forfeitures Unit also assists the County’s local police departments with also identifying, investigating and seizing illegal proceeds.
How To Help Combat Illegal Drugs In Your Neighborhood
- Are there numerous exchanges taking place through a car window or residence window? Have you noticed regular, quick meetings taking place between the same people at the same location?
- Do you notice unusual exchanges between people?
- Nervous exchanges of small items or money may be indicative of a drug transaction.
- Drug traffic usually involves stays of short duration, typically a drug deal is conducted in a matter of seconds.
- Is there any unusually heavy foot traffic in and out of a house, apartment or parking lot?
- Pay attention to what is occurring in and around your neighborhood
Suspicious Narcotics Related Activity
If you observe suspicious activity in your neighborhood, you may call the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force at 732-341-6150. You may also report incidents anonymously via email at email@example.com . Please provide as much information as possible.
Under no circumstances should you place yourself in danger to obtain or report any information.